It’s live and powered by Kuali Mobility Enterprise!
Developers at the University of Michigan, including two members of the KME Development Team, were able to get KME up and running and release a native app for Android, now available in Google Play.
The features of the University of Michigan Android app include:
- Campus Directory, allowing the user to search for people within the organization
- News pages with drill-down access to many different categories of news items
- Locations, helping users find the location of campus buildings with a GPS-enabled map
- Event Calendar, for keeping up with happenings around campus
- Emergency Contacts, for quick access to important phone numbers with a simple tap-to-call list
Several services were used straight “out of the box” with few or no modifications to the core KME code. Others were implemented with only slight changes, and the experience of adapting these tools for U-M has led to improvements in the code in the KME trunk in Subversion (https://svn.kuali.org/repos/mobility) The next time someone installs KME trunk at their institution, the process will be even more streamlined.
Congratulations to the team at the University of Michigan on your successful app launch!